Skip to content
- Students will be able to understand the unique historical development of feminist theory and feminism by British and Italian women.
- Students will appreciate the historical differences between the medieval anti-feminist and anti-anti-feminist debate and the modern (post-medieval) concept of feminism.
- Students will develop an understanding of feminist theory, including in light of adaptation theory (literature into film).
- Students will comprehend the relationships between feminist literature and film.
- Students will understand the unique geographical influence of Florence over feminist thought, literature, and film.
- Students will master skills in applying feminist critiques of literature and lm.